List of things I want to recall regarding my childhood:
Making things from the gray clay from the ditch bank at the back of the old home place (corner Queens Creek Road and Hwy. 24).
- Crayfish & mounds
- Creating fighting contests between weeds.
- Oak acorns
- Globus stamp album
- Old tobacco packhouse in the early morning sun.
- Yellow water pump with cold, iron rust water by the tobacco barn.
- Glen’s Landing and Matthews’ Fish House at Queens Creek.
- Clyde Phillips’ Seafood House in Swansboro
- Maola Milk Plant in New Bern
- Getting a Tonka Cement Mixer from Palo Alto
- I think my truck was yellow with a white plastic drum.
- Things in the Toy Room (upstairs in the old home place)
- Description of the old home place inside and out
- The Golden Book Encyclopedias
- I got a set of these for $10 (16 encyclopedias & 5/6 atlas) from Alabama. It cost $17 to ship them to me;-)